Saturday, August 27, 2011

Attack of the Lazies

I really have no excuses.  I could say that it was hot.  I could say that I was tired.  I could say that I was busy and had to time.  But all of those are cheesy lame excuses for my lack of exercise.  I have sporadically been training over the past few weeks in both Ohio and Arizona.  The real reason....I was lazy and sad. 

So a few decisions were made over the past couple of weeks. 

1) I am not going to aim for 3 hours anymore.  I will be happy and content to finish even if I come in outside the official limit (4 hours).  The point is to be working on myself and not racing against a better time.

2) I may be an athlete...but I still don't like running.  It is what it is.  I prefer the elliptical and I prefer strength training.  I wish there was a half marathon elliptical race....

3) The best way for me to get better is to STOP skipping the training.  So, I will be back to training 5 days per week this week.  Started this morning with a 2 mile mostly walk with some jogging.  Tomorrow will see an 8 mile walk.  Not sure where I'll be yet but here I go!

Thanks again to everyone for all of your support...you have no idea what it means to me.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Okay peeps waiting for a post...

    I didn't go today because I have tomorrow off! 8 miles tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a Nike commercial. Go Breezey!!

    ReplyDelete