Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Brown??

Saturday afternoon, while mourning a Buckeye loss to Purdue, I decided that I was done with the cute blue sparkly polish that had been gracing my toes since the beginning of the season.  (Yes...I'm aware that blue was not the best of choices for my Buckeyes, but it was a really cute shade and I didn't think it would last as long as it did!)  We were hanging at a friend's house, so I asked if they had some nail polish remover that I could borrow.  As I slowly turned my fingers slightly blue with removed polish, I noticed something interesting...

There was brown under those big toenails!!!  I was so excited that I shared it with everyone who would listen.  Reactions: silence, confusion, worry, pride, happiness.  A weird gamut, yes?  The first three were from non-distance runners; the last two were from my runner friends.  As they know, the brown/black toenail is something that only runners get.  Knowing this, I was absolutely beside myself!  All the disgruntled feelings of slowness, of newness, of not really getting this were wiped away in two half brown toes.  I was ready to start on the next week of training!!!

Now, while I am excited by new level of runner-hood, I do plan on covering that brown up with a cute layer of SCARLET polish to finish out the Buckeye season!!! 

3 comments:

  1. If this excites you, just wait until you lose one or more of your toe nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. was I silence, confusion, or worry?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did disgust not make the list of reactions? Because, ewwwwwwww...... Thank goodness you didn't post a picture!

    ReplyDelete