Thursday, January 19, 2012

"That's not going to happen..."

April 28, 2012. 

What's that date, you ask?  The next half marathon that I've signed up for?  Nope...that's May 5.  The anniversary of when I started running?  Nope...that's not until October.  So, what's the date?

That is the date of The Charles School 5k.  My husband used to teach at this school and still teaches within their family of schools.  About a month ago, I jokingly mentioned that I was going to beat him in a 5k.  (In my head, I wasn't really joking but that's how I said it....)  New Year's Eve, I wrote down as a goal for 2012 that I was going to beat him in a 5k.  I mentioned it again last night and he said to me, "that's not going to happen..."  Interestingly, he didn't say it in a challenging way...just sort of matter of fact.  And, as we all know, I can't resist that type of challenge. 

So, that date up there??  That's the date that I am going to beat Mike in his own 5k.  Will simultaneously training for a 5k and a half marathon be difficult?  Probably....but I'm definitely up for the challenge!!

BRING IT ON!!!!

4 comments:

  1. No lie, "Eye of the Tiger" JUST came on as I logged into your blog. Go! Go! Go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 at my new Fitocracy friends! Thanks!!

    @Martha: after four months, I *finally* got that into my playlist!!! :) I'm headed for a 3.67 steady state this afternoon...and getting vibrams for my bday! :)

    ReplyDelete