Saturday, April 28, 2012

That's Not Going to Happen Part 2

Remember that race I posted about a few months ago?  The one that I was going to kick my husband's butt at?  Well, after all that, it turned out I wasn't even able to race in it due to some staffing problems at work.  I was able to attend the race and I learned something from watching him race.

My husband is amazing.

He spent months training for this 5k, aiming to run it in under 30:00 while I was aiming for sub-35:00.  We woke up this morning to rain and clouds and wind.  Did he achieve his goal of 30:00?  Nope...30:40 and he was happy with it.  Given the BIG HILL and the wind and the cold day, he crossed the finish line smiling and happy and to the cheers from his wife, daughters, friends, and coworkers.

I'm so proud of him for training for this race.  He took over 3:00 off his 5k time in 2 months and that's just a WOW in my book.  More than that though, he has been such an inspiration to help me to run faster.  He's been able to train for this around my already crazy training schedule and still manages to find time to be an amazing husband.

So...congrats to my incredible husband.  I may not have beaten him in this race, but I know that we will continue to enjoy running together in the future.  Someday, I might even be able to keep up with him!!  Wanna know more?  Follow him on fitocracy: nyrangerfan.  

<3s to my inspirational, wonderful man!


3 comments:

  1. I don't remember smiling... I do remember thinking, "Don't throw up!"

    I love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you didn't get to run the race, Aingel, but YAY for Mike and his great time!

    ReplyDelete