Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I love being stopped at the gym.......REALLY!

New personal best!!

So after deliberately choosing to not get up this morning before work to train, I knew that meant I had to go after work.  While I don't usually prefer to do my training at 7:45pm, it worked out tonight!  I went to the Urban Active in Polaris and did their indoor track (as I still don't really enjoy the boring monotony of a treadmill workout)...24 laps later (12 laps = 1 mile), I had set myself a new personal best for the indoor track!  I was at 27:39 which shaved about 2 minutes off my personal best from the 15th!

I guess this training stuff really is working......my quest for tomorrow...2 MORE MILES!  (I'm sure eventually that will seem really short......right????)

In the meantime...I was flagged down by a trainer at the end of my workout tonight who stopped me by asking me what I was training for.  (Smart woman...........got me to talk to her, didn't she??)  She was excellent and actually got me thinking about signing up for the expensive personal training sessions.  BUT...I was so excited that someone stopped me to ask about what I was training for!!  AND I HAD AN ANSWER!  That was awesome...it made me so proud to say "I'm training for the Columbus Half Marathon!"

5 comments:

  1. I am convinced you'd improve your time even more if you used more apostrophes!!!!!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay away from personal trainers at a gym. They typically don't know what you need to do for a marathon since they're about weight training. Join a local running club instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mike: they are ellipses...use the right term!
    @Tracy: that's kind of what I was thinking since she started talking about my personal goals and not the half marathon goals.

    I'm so not trying to lose weight/body fat percentage with my training. (I just assume that will come with it.) It's really more a matter of completing my half in the time I want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job!!
    Did you get a little dizzy running on the indoor track? Our Y track you have to go around 16 times to rack up a mile-feels like your on a merry go round!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... = ellipse

    I am talking about the 11 !'s :)

    ReplyDelete