Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Drive it BEFORE you run it, right?

Samantha had Girl Scouts tonight and I decided to combine that with my running so I went to the AWESOME track and field website that Mike found me (http://www.usatf.org/routes/map/) and plotted myself a route near the Norwich Township Fire Station.  It was through a neighborhood and looked very good.  Just before leaving, I said to Mike...I think I'll drive it first just to make sure.  HA!  I got so lost in my car that I was glad I had a backup route...so off to Target I went.  :)

2 miles today in 32:33.  It was a beautiful evening but I learned that a beautiful day is warm for running.  I walked most of it as I discovered I picked a route with actual elevation.  I didn't hit my goal time today (30 minutes) and I got back to my car thinking "what did I get myself into?" and "what am I thinking thinking I can do 13 miles if I can barely go two...."  But after some stretching and relaxing, I started to realize that the first few weeks aren't about times and goals really...they are about being able to work through the routines and the training to get me started.  I feel tired and achy already but I know that tomorrow's cross-training will be good.  But, as for today............it was definitely a blah.

1 comment:

  1. Keep in mind that a post-work out "blah" is a hell of a lot more successful than a "I didn't do my workout blah"

    ReplyDelete