Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tour of Lynbrook

My first FOUR MILE training started where Mike grew up, went past at least two ex-girlfriend's houses, and finished up back at his house.  Mike plotted out a route for me and then cheered me on during training.  He even did the entire route with me!  I <3 my hubbie for that!  I told him that I loved having him there cause he really made me stretch but that I hated having them there because it let me give voice to my inner whiner.  When I'm by myself, I have no one to complain vocally to except the squirrels and bunnies and trees (and I've already commented on that for myself).

That said though, I officially completed my first four mile training!!!  It hurt a bit by mile 3 and I had to do some stretching both in the middle and at the end to make sure I didn't sustain any injuries.  All in all, it was a great training session even if I was whiny throughout it! 

(And I got to see Mike's ex-girlfriends' houses...how bizarro is that???)

2 comments:

  1. How fun that Mike got to go with you! Awesome mileage too! Plus, sure you may have whined, but you didn't stop! Keep it up! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The husband was smart and planned a "no wimp out" plan since it was a route and not an "out and back." There was not a "cut it short" part to the workout... YAY MIKE!

    ReplyDelete