Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Running in the Rain

Today's Interesting Training Notes:

***Cotton is NOT king***
After two miles of training in the RAIN, I discovered what it must feel like to participate in a wet t-shirt contest.  (Not that I will *ever* actually know how that feels...)  The rain was chilly and felt way more fabulous than sweat but I definitely feel like there is room for some clothing purchases in the future.  My legs (in ancient lycra) were feeling just like normal while the top half of me (in a light cotton t-shirt and really old sportsbra) was sopping wet through to the skin.  That's not fun.  So.....new clothes for me soon!

***Training Necessity: Kick-Butt Husband***
Mike complimented me when I set a good pace and encouraged me when my pace slacked.  He even told me at one point when I snapped at him that I could snipe at him as long as I did it in my head because saying the words was interfering with my training.  I <3 my hubby!

***Is There a Water-Proof Gel?***
As my hair got wet and dripped into my face and eyes, I discovered that my hair gel did not have the best of tastes.  I shiver just thinking about that nastiness....

***The Positive***
The  most positive thing I learned.........jogging gets you much less wet than walking.  Thus, lesson learned is jog more...walk less!  :)

4 comments:

  1. It wasn't interfering with the training, just your breathing. Breathing is VERY important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GET A GOOD SPORTS BRA!!!!! Wait. I'm going to repeat myself. GET A GOOD SPORTS BRA!!!!! Seriously, it's as important as shoes. Less so, now that the whole barefoot running craze has taken off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We walked around NYC for a number of hours today. I was ready to go with the barefoot craze after so many hours in my flip flops...

    Mike already said he wasn't going to say "I told you so" after suggesting that I might not have made the smartest shoe decision on the planet.

    Any good suggestions on where to find a good sports bra?

    ReplyDelete
  4. REI (where I usually buy mine), your running store with the helpful people, Roadrunner Sports, probably any running store dedicated to mainly running. (I bought one at the Boston Marathon store in Boston once! I felt so giddy!!) I totally recommend the ones with cup sizes-soooooo much better!!!! Whatever you do, do NOT but it at a box store-they are crap.

    ReplyDelete