Sunday, July 3, 2011

Motivation where are you?

I am still training.  I am still training strong.  I just haven't been blogging.

Over the past three weeks (?!?!) since I last blogged, I have had some difficulty in finding my motivation.  As the training sessions have gotten longer, I find myself wistfully thinking about (and looking forward to) the 2-mile training days!!  When I look ahead to next Sunday and see 6 miles (which I am reducing to 5 miles since I haven't actually done that distance yet...I missed that training day because of Samantha's bday party), it makes me worried for the time it will take.

I got new sneakers (thanks Columbus Running Co!!) and officially signed up for the half marathon.  YAY!!!  Those were the most exciting things I did in the past three weeks.  I'm also thinking about doing some cross training. I got roped into a personal training session at the gym which left me sore but also thinking that I am essentially coaching myself to an endurance race.  I'm not sure if it's best to follow my training plan to the letter (or number in this case) or switch it up a bit.  Because five days of just run/walking is driving me up a wall.  (You do 36 laps at the gym for your 3 mile training days....it's dizzying.)  I miss the elliptical trainer and doing weights.  BUT...I really don't want to add a sixth day of training to my schedule.  Thoughts from the gallery?

:)  Here's to a great officially eight weeks of training down!!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Bree,

    I found your motivation. It was stuck under the couch. After I dust it off, I'll give it back to ya :)

    <3 YOU! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say doing some cross-training would be an excellent idea. It will help you to use different muscles other than those you use with walking and running. This will also help to prevent overuse injuries. I would even recommend you cut out 1 or 2 days of running and replace it with something else (either your elliptical or weights would be fine). Keep up the good work though Bree! We're proud of you! Bill and Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cross-train for triathlons and my schedule is 6 days a week. One day needed for rest. It's good to build up the muscles to help prevent injury. On days I do weight training I still follow through with swim/bike/run training. One supplements the other...they don't replace each other...unfortunately!

    ReplyDelete