Monday, October 10, 2011

New Goals...New Successes

It was suggested to me (again) this weekend that I could run further than I thought I could.  So, with some suggestions of slowing down and paying attention to my breathing better, I got remotivated to head to the gym Sunday and actually do some running.  This time, I was going to ignore distance, ignore time, and ignore the lap markers and just focus on breathing.  And......I did it!  I was able to run (really slowly) a full seven minutes without stopping.  I wasn't able to repeat the feat on my second and third repetitions but I was proud of myself nonetheless. 

So, today, I went with an online plan I found and opted to start myself in Week 4 of the plan which had me running 5 minutes and walking 2 as recovery.  By the fourth repetition of that, I was sure I wasn't going to last I was so tired.  So....instead of giving up, I slowed it down and focused on breathing again.  And I was able to finish it out!!!  :)  I may have been really slow but I was able to do it!!!

I'll continue with this plan this week (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday) and finish it up with the Half on Sunday.  Next week, it will hop a level to Week 5 and by Veteran's Day, I should be able to run a full 30 minutes without stopping.  I feel like it's a challenging goal but one that will help me get a better fitness level and be able to really hit my goal for next year!

I'm so appreciative to all of you out there who continue to support me in this..... :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job keeping up the pace! Angie does a five minute running and one minute walk and says she loves it! I think she pushes herself faster during her 5 minute run than she was running for the whole distance before, because she's getting really fast!

    ReplyDelete